A search is made to find information about a New Mexico LLC business. The search results include information about whether the business has been registered in the state, whether it is in good standing, the address of the registered agents and whether the businesses were legally established in the state.
Tips for using the New Mexico LLC Search
You can search for information about an owner using the website of the Secretary of State (SOS). These steps can be used to search for an LLC already in existence.
- Name – This is the most popular search option. You can filter your search using multiple keywords to find the right information.
- Director – The name given to the person who owns or manages the company.
- Register Agent – This is your company’s legal representative’s name and title. The owner’s name is not the registered agent.
- You can also enter a business ID number in the appropriate field of the Secretary-of-State search portal.
- Only one search result should be returned by the business ID option. Public information will include contact information for the LLC, details of the registered agent, details about the business ID number and names of the organizers.
The following steps will allow you to search name availability of your business entity through the Secretary-of-State search portal.
- Choose a name that fits the guidelines and is appropriate for LLCs.
- You can search for availability of names using the availability tool on SOS’s website.
- To search for matches or availability, enter the name that you have chosen for your LLC in the appropriate field.
- An image of the name you have chosen for your LLC will be displayed if it is available. If the name is already in use, an image will be displayed. A list of registered businesses that are in conflict with your chosen name will also be displayed.
- If you plan to build a website, make sure the URL matches the company name. This is done at domain sale websites. No matter if you decide to use the URL or not, anyone can acquire it and use it for their own purposes.
- A professional email address is recommended for your business that is distinct from your personal account.
These steps will help you search the Secretary Of State portal to find information about a company:
- Enter the name of the corporation or the New Mexico Public Registration Commission. You can also search by the name of the LLC director or registered agent.
- The results page contains information about the corporation, including its name and status. You can also click on the link to view more information.
- Additional information includes the date of incorporation, the state in which it was formed, the New Mexico State Corporation Commission number (NMSCC), the registered agent’s name, address, manager names, and the principal office address.
Reserve a corporate or LLC name
You can reserve the name if you search the Secretary of State database for the name you select. You can reserve the name for up to 120 calendar days.
- Download the Reservation Application Form from the NMPRC website and complete it.
- Send the completed form to Public Regulation Commission Corporation Bureau at P. O. Santa FE, New Mexico 87504-1269 with the applicable filing fee, if applicable,
Does the Secretary of State approve foreign businesses that want to do business in New Mexico?
How can I verify if an LLC is being used in New Mexico?
You can use the New Mexico Business Search Tool to check if your business name appears.
Do I have to name my LLC after me?
Although there is no prohibition against naming your LLC after yourself (most experts recommend against it).
An advantage of an LLC is that you can choose a different business name, which can make your business sound more professional.
What words are prohibited in a New Mexico LLC’s name?
It is not possible to include words in business names that suggest that the company is a bank or financial institution, or that it is affiliated with a local or state government agency.
What is a brand?
A brand name is a name that a company gives to a product line or product. It can be the exact same as the company name, or something else.
Do I need to include LLC in the name?
What do I need to do to renew my New Mexico business name?
New Mexico does not require LLCs to renew its legal name.
Is it possible for my business name to be different from that of my LLC in New Mexico?
Some companies prefer to operate under a different name than their legal name. You can call this a “doing business as” (DBA), name. New Mexico, however, does not allow DBA filings.
Do I need a DBA for my LLC?
New Mexico does NOT offer DBA filings.
My #1 Recommended LLC Formation Service
Northwest Registered Agent
Offices in 50 States
Northwest's Google My Business Profile