I researched the 10 leading Florida LLC services. After investigating these services, I picked the top 4 and tested each one. These are my findings and top picks for the best Florida LLC formation service.
|Northwest Registered Agent|
Florida LLC Summary of Facts
- LLC Formation Speed: Up to 15 Business Days with standard filing. Efficient filings typically take between 5 and 7 days.
- The cost to file an LLC in FL: is $120 plus the LLC service fee if you use one.
- How to file your Articles of Organization online or by mail
- Annual reports: These are due each year by May 1. It costs $138.75.
- State General Business License: Is not required. Many counties may require licenses, and some industries need licenses.
- PLLCs: Permitted by the state. A PLLC uses the same form as a standard LLC.
Best Florida LLC Formation Services
Although LLC formation services can be a great help, not all LLC formation services will be the same.
Some are better due to price differences, extras (or exclusions), and overall quality. You don’t have the time to sort through all of them.
We’ve done all the legwork for you and compared top LLC formation services. We have included important factors, such as cost and ongoing fees. These are the top four services for LLC formation.
#1 Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is my top pick for LLC formations. They have 50 offices in 50 states and more industry experience than its competition.
You also get a year of free registered agent service. This keeps your start-up costs low. I like Northwest, they are my top choice, it’s a service that puts customer service above all else.
- LLC Formation Plan: $39
- Registration agent service: Costs $125 per year, but the first year is free.
- Customer Support: Northwest assigns an account representative to each customer, ensuring they receive prompt and personalized service.
- LLC Services: Northwest keeps the order form simple – no upsells clutter the process.
- User Reviews: Google reviews are great. Reviews on 3rd-party review websites are mostly positive.
My next pick is ZenBusiness. Thanks to competitive technology and a dedication to affordability, ZenBusiness has one of the most affordable formation packages available at $49. I also like the ZenBusiness “Worry-Free Compliance Guarantee” designed to keep its customers on top of due dates and compliance.
You can choose the Pro package ($199 annually) for a flat annual fee to get business formation, registered agent service, and an operating agreement template.
- LLC Formation plan: Starting from $49
- Registered agent service $99 per month, $119 annually
- Customer Support: ZenBusiness provides good customer service due to its smaller customer base and individual attention.
- LLC services: ZenBusiness provides useful tools to track annual reports. However, the ordering process can be confusing.
- User Reviews: Positive reviews on Trustpilot
Incfile can be a great choice if you are concerned about starting costs. They offer a free Florida LLC registration and do not require fees for the first year.
Incfile may not have as many bonus features as its competitors. Still, they offer all the essentials for an additional fee: filing an EIN and registering a DBA, filing annual reports, and others.
- LLC Formation plan: $0, $199, $299 + state fee
- Registration agent service: First Year Free, then $119/year
- Customer Support: Incfile recently increased their customer service team, which improved their response times. This is a significant improvement in their previous performance.
- LLC Service: Everything is straightforward when ordering a package through Incfile. There are not a lot of pricey and confusing add-ons.
My 4th pick is LegalZoom. LegalZoom is a great way to get involved with a well-known brand.
LegalZoom was founded in 2001 and has grown to offer hundreds of services. LegalZoom is more expensive than other services listed in my guide. I like LegalZoom because it has an option for ongoing legal services. I think that’s a great feature if you need a complete legal service.
- LLC Formation plan: Starting at $79 plus state fees for a minimum of $229
- Registered agent service $249/year (first year $159 if you add to a formation package).
- Customer Support: LegalZoom is a large company, so its customer service may not be as personal as the other listed companies.
- Easy of use: Many customers have complained that LegalZoom’s ordering process is confusing and lengthy. Numerous upsells are offered before you can choose your package.
- User Reviews: Mixed. Most negative reviews are due to a misunderstanding of the ongoing fees and package offerings.
What is a Florida LLC?
A Florida LLC, short for a limited liability company, is an entity type that combines flexibility and protection for personal assets with the corporate structure of a corporation. That’s not a bad thing. Let’s find out what this means.
You would operate as a sole proprietorship if you started selling handcrafted apparel out of your home. Sole proprietorships are legal entities.
This means that everything the business owns, from fabrics to sewing machines, is owned solely by the proprietor. The proprietor pays all taxes. If the business is sued or taken to court by a third party, the owner may lose all of his or her personal property to pay the damages.
Registered entities, such as LLCs, have personal asset protection. This is because the business itself is considered an independent legal entity. The business can have assets, maintain bank accounts, and be sued. If the business goes under, members of the company cannot lose their assets.
LLCs aren’t subject to a lot of complex requirements, unlike corporations. This makes it an attractive choice for entrepreneurs who want to keep their filings simple and protect their assets.
There are pros and cons to starting a limited liability company
An LLC is one the most common types of entity in America. However, it’s not the right type of entity for everyone.
Only you know your business best and can choose the entity type that is most appropriate for you. Your vision is clear for the future and your products.
It’s important to understand the pros and cons of LLCs to decide if an LLC is right for your needs.
- It is easier to create and manage than a corporation
- Protection of personal assets
- A flexible tax structure can be paid as a partnership (or a corporation)
- Exclusive use of a business name within a state is prohibited
- No authority can issue stock. Therefore, capital raising opportunities are limited.
- Some states have higher annual fees and taxes than sole proprietorships or partnerships.
- Some entrepreneurs may not be comfortable with the extra paperwork.
How to Create a Florida LLC On Your Own
You don’t need to use an LLC formation service such as LegalZoom or Zen Business. While these services can be extremely helpful, you can also save money by doing it yourself.
Our complete guide on how to set up an LLC in Florida is available here. But, let’s take a look at this:
Choose a company name
Each Florida LLC needs a memorable name and can give potential clients an idea of the products or services available. Your business name must be unique for legal purposes and to stand out from the rest.
Appoint an FL Registered Agent
As we have mentioned, every LLC requires an agent to accept service of process on its behalf. You can be your own registered agent in most states as long as there is a physical address. However, we recommend you appoint another person (e.g. an online service) as your agent.
Download the Articles of Organization
Once completed and filed, this document officially forms your company in Florida. Some important information will be required, such as your contact information, business address, signatures of your LLC members and more. Florida charges a $125 filing fee.
It’s easy to set up an LLC. However, it is the maintenance requirements that can be a little more difficult.
Register and pay taxes
You will need an IRS Employer Identification Number if you have employees. There are also state-specific taxes. Florida does not have an income tax for individuals. Therefore, only LLCs filing as corporations will be required to pay the income taxes (5.5%). Nevertheless, in Florida, sales taxes are applicable (6% plus any local fees). These and other miscellaneous taxes can be found at the Florida Department of Revenue.
Get permits and licenses
A business license is required for most Florida businesses. However, it is not necessary to apply at the state level. These licenses can be obtained via the County Tax Collector. Many businesses will need professional licenses. These can be obtained at the Section of Library and Information Services.
Create an Operating Agreement
Even single-member LLCs need to create a master document that outlines how the business will function in the future.
Get your annual report.
Your LLC will need to file an annual report to update your company’s status. You will need to file the report by May 1st.
Get business insurance
All businesses with employees need to have workers’ compensation insurance. A general business liability policy may be an option.
Open a bank account for your business
Register for a bank account in your business name to write checks and make business purchases
My Research for Choosing the Best Florida LLC Services
This is how I found which Limited Liability Company service (LLC service) is the best in Florida.
I formed an LLC a few years ago and did a lot of research before doing so. Because I have spent so much time on this subject, I believe I am very capable of finding and recommending the best LLC formation services. I also recommend using a registered agent service rather than being your own.
How do I choose the best LLC service in Florida?
My approach includes these four steps to select the best LLC formation service.
Step 1: Reviews
I began by analyzing the reviews of online customers for the top 10 LLC services in Florida.
I spent many nights scrolling through the customer feedback on Trustpilot and Google Business Profiles (among other review websites) to discover which LLC services were new, which seemed questionable, and which were legitimate.
Step 2: Website Analysis
Once I had a good idea of who I could trust, I could go to their websites and see exactly what they offered.
To find out who offered what products or business services, I looked through pricing pages and looked at detailed breakdowns.
Step 3: Talking with real customers
Online customer reviews are only one way to learn. To truly understand the experience of using a service, it is important to talk to the people who use it.
I sought out the opinions of customers who I had recommended to me over the years in order to get a clear understanding of Florida LLC services. I wanted to know how easy the system was, how helpful and polite their support staff is, and how fast they process applications.
This direct feedback from customers helped me to see which promises were fakes and which were legitimate.
Step 4: Talking with their Sales Team
The last step was to talk to their sales team to find out how difficult they were with upsells.
I asked several questions that a first-timer would. Then I waited to see how many times I was encouraged to get additional services.
My Rating Criteria
While I was completing my analysis, I was constantly evaluating these LLC formation services on the basis of these four aspects.
1: Features and Services
There are many steps involved in starting an LLC. If you have read at least half of the above, you will know this. Fill out and file your Articles of Organization. You will need an EIN to open bank accounts. Choose a premium registered agent in Florida to get an address in Florida. And a lot more.
To ensure you get as many completed projects as possible when you invest your money, I first assessed each LLC formation company on the business and product services they offer.
I checked if they charge extra for a lot of pricey add-ons that are not mentioned at first. I liked the very clear services and upfront with everything. The best value LLC formation services rose to the top.
3: Ease of use
It’s a good idea to sign up for a business formation service that offers a variety of products at a reasonable price without any trouble navigating their system.
I created an account with each Florida LLC formation service and attempted to register my fictional LLC. This was to ensure that all the systems were easy to use and simple to navigate.
4: Customer service
I was not satisfied with customer service experiences after the recent corporate trend to outsource customer support to unaffiliated phone centers. These representatives know little about the service they are supporting and the laws and regulations that it is subject to.
I did my best to test their customer service teams to determine the quality of their business formation services. I sent them polite questions, called them to inquire about obvious information, and jumped onto their online chat portals. I also complained of inappropriate things. I wanted to know how they dealt with my comments and requests, and how fast it took for them to reply.
My #1 Recommended LLC Formation Service
Northwest Registered Agent
Offices in 50 States
Northwest's Google My Business Profile