There are many ways to make money through YouTube’s growing creator economy. While some methods may have a lower barrier of entry than those that rely on ads, quality content and an engaged audience are the best ways to make money online.
YouTube can make you money if you have a creative side and are willing to work hard. These are just a few of the many options available.
1. Apply for the YouTube Partner Program and reach 1K subscribers
Let’s start with this. You must exceed the 1,000 subscriber threshold to join the YouTube Partner Program. It opens up the doors to advertising revenue.
Before you can become a partner, there are some additional requirements.
- You must adhere to the site’s advertising guidelines. Your videos should also have at least 4,000 hours of valid public viewing within the past 12 months.
- You must reside in an eligible region.
- You will need to link a Google AdSense Account.
After meeting the requirements, click on your profile to apply.
Partners can make money by selling ads, joining perks, and using features such as Super Chat. This allows viewers to pay to have their messages highlighted on a live stream.
How many YouTube views does it take for you to make money?
You don’t get paid per video view. Instead, you get paid each time someone views or clicks on the ad on your video.
According to Influencer Marketing Hub, although payment rates vary, an average YouTube channel can expect $18 per 1,000 ad views. This is $3 to $5 for every 1,000 video views, depending on the number of ads viewed.
When can you make money with YouTube?
Once your balance has reached $100, you will be paid. It takes about 1,000 videos to make $4 from viewers who saw the ads. To make $100 from those ads, you would need to have 25,000 views.
You might only get paid monthly if you have a small channel. It is important to understand how Google handles taxes and AdSense payments.
Does it sound like you have a long journey ahead of you?
Here are some other ways to make money before you reach 1,000 subscribers.
2. Affiliate marketer?
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money from YouTube, especially if your goal is to review products. This is how it works:
- Find a seller or company with an affiliate program, such as Amazon Associates, and apply to join.
- Once you have been accepted, they will use their process for creating custom links to the products you want to feature in your videos.
- Your YouTube videos can be demoted, reviewed, or referenced to the products. You can also paste your customized affiliate marketing link(s) when you upload in the description field.
Affiliates of brands earn commissions when someone clicks on your link and buys the product.
Amazon Associates is an excellent way to make some money on Amazon. But there are many other options. You can search affiliate marketing websites such as ShareASale or CJ.com to find potential corporate partners and products. For more information about how to become an affiliate, you can search the websites of your favorite brands.
Ensure you inform your viewers of your affiliation with the brands or brands featured in your video. Also, ensure they are directed to the link in the description when you take your video.
3. Brand deals can be used to create sponsored content
Another way to make money on YouTube is to land a brand deal. This includes affiliate marketing. Companies interested in your audience may sponsor your videos or offer product placement deals in return for shoutouts.
This is because these deals are more likely when there is a large following. You can contact the brands you want to work with or use the above resources to find corporate partners who complement your content.
Brand deals allow you to receive free lump sum payments, per-sale commissions, or the product or service.
Remember: YouTube must be notified if you have any endorsements or product placements in your videos. To indicate that your video contains paid promotion, tick the box in your video manager’s advanced settings tab.
4. Sell and create your own merchandise or product
Let your viewers know if you offer merchandise or service that is relevant to them by mentioning it in your videos. Post links to your products like T-shirts and accessories in each video. The links are often in the video description area.
You might need to purchase materials or find a manufacturer to sell physical products, but you can also offer downloadables like e-books or art prints. Before you promote your products, make sure that you have a secure payment system.
Selling incentives: Although creating your own products is more difficult than pitching them to other companies, this could be an opportunity to make more money. You’ll also retain the majority of the proceeds as the product owner.
5. Fan funding is another option
Fan funding can be used to monetize your channel. There are two types of crowdfunding: project-based and recurring. The former is more suitable for content creators. Subscribers pay a small fee to access perks and/or a tier of exclusive access.
Increased subscribers mean more revenue. Subscribers can be enticed to sign up with incentives such as private classes, one-on-one video chats, and merchandise. Patreon is a well-known crowdfunding platform that can be used to generate additional income for musicians, video creators, and other artists who have a large following.
There are several popular options for fan funding:
- YouTube Super Chat is a feature that can be used to stream live on YouTube. This allows you to create a tipping container for your viewers to use to contribute whenever they want. As outlined above, you must create a YouTube account for advertising.
- Channel memberships. Channel memberships allow viewers to support your channel by paying monthly fees for exclusive perks. You must be part of the YouTube Partner Program to access Super Chat.
- Patreon. This membership platform makes it easy to make money. Subscribe to your favorite creators at $1 per month and get exclusive rewards.
Who are the Highest-Paid YouTubers?
- MrBeast – $54 million.
- Jake Paul – $45 million.
- Markiplier – $38 million.
- Rhett & Link – $30 million.
- Unspeakable – $28.5 million.
- Like Nastya – $28 million.
- Ryan Kaji (Ryan’s World) – $27 million.
- Dude Perfect – $20 million.
Coming in behind MrBeast was Jake Paul, the controversial YouTuber/boxer, who earned an estimated $45 million last year; game vlogger/comedian/podcaster Markiplier, with $38 million; and longtime comedy duo Rhett & Link, whose “Good Mythical Morning” talk show on YouTube this week celebrated its 10-year anniversary, at $30 million.
MrBeast, 23 years old, is well-known for his big-money giveaways, stunts, and charitable initiatives, including his viral reenactment of Netflix’s hit “Squid Game,” which awarded the winner a $446,000 cash prize. His YouTube channel has more than 88 million subscribers. Donaldson is the CEO of a 50-employee firm that launched MrBeast Burger last year. It also includes Beast Interactive Games, which created his “Finger on the App” contests.
You will gain more audience and long-term earnings.
YouTube is a platform that offers opportunities for everyone, but it’s also not a quick way to make a lot of money. YouTube is not a quick way to make money. It requires time, effort, and an engaged audience. With a little motivation and practice, it is possible to make money before you reach the 1,000-subscriber threshold.
These tips will help you get started.
- It is easier to reach the viewing hours threshold if you upload more videos.
- Your viewers will subscribe more if you can target your content at a particular audience or niche, such as film photography.
- Videos that are entertaining and thought-provoking will be more popular, so planning and producing them is worth the effort.
- A targeted title and a standout thumbnail can attract attention.
My #1 Recommended LLC Formation Service
Northwest Registered Agent
Offices in 50 States
Northwest's Google My Business Profile